To add product categories login, and navigate to Products > Categories.
A list of the current product categories is visible on the right side of the page. These can be edited or you can add a new category on the left.
When adding/editing a product:
- Name – This is the name of the category visible on the front-end of the shop.
- Slug – Generally this is best left as is, but it is used within the URL of the product category.
- Parent category – Is the category you are adding is a sub-category, this is the category that it must fall under.
- Description – Some shops will have a category description, if not just leave this blank.
- Display type – If you have a shop with multi-level categories, select sub-categories to alllow viewing of sub-categories. Otherwise leave as default.
- Thumbnail – The thumbnail image represented on the shop category pages.