Order notes can be added to an order to keep track of specific requirements, or to notify a customer directly through the system.
Adding an Order Note:
- Go to WooCommerce > Orders
- Select an existing order by clicking on the order number (number with a hash in front) or clicking the eye icon on the right hand side
- Under the Order Notes block
- Add a note in the text box provided (These notes can contain special information about an order, or perhaps a shipping number)
- Select either customer note or Private note (Customer note is sent to the customer via email, and private notes are only added to the order notes area)
- Click Add